NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
MANY WILL ENTER. ONE WILL WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SPONSOR: International Family Entertainment, Inc., dba ABC Family Channel, 3800 W. Alameda Avenue, Burbank, CA 91505 (“Sponsor”) is solely responsible for all aspects of the Mockingjay Social Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). Lions Gate Films Inc. (“Lionsgate”) is not responsible for the collection, submission or processing of entries, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection of the winner or the fulfillment of prizes. Entrants are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Lionsgate.
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates International LLC, 60 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10165 (“Administrator”), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to persons who, upon entering, are: thirteen (13) years or older; legal residents of, and physically located within, the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (collectively, “Territory”) and are not employees of Sponsor, Lionsgate, Administrator, or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies, and the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of the foregoing (collectively, the “Entities”) nor members of their respective households or immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and their spouses). Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY: During the period commencing at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) October 20, 2014, and ending at 11:59 PM PT, October 31, 2014 (“Entry Period”), you may enter by: [a] signing into your Twitter account (“Account”) or, if you are not already a member, becoming a member of Twitter.com and signing into your account; [b] “following” @ABCFamily; and [c] tweeting why you love ‘The Hunger Games,’ making sure to include exactly the following unique term (“Term”) in your tweet message: #MockingjaySweepsEntry (collectively, “Entry”). You may also review these instructions in Sponsor’s Twitter message received by you from @ABCFamily.
There is no charge to become a member of Twitter. If your Account is set to “protected or private mode”, your updates/responses will not be visible to Sponsor and, therefore, will not be received by Sponsor, resulting in your failure to enter the Sweepstakes. Please note that disabling “protected or private mode” will make all of your tweets/posts public and anyone will be able to follow you. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. You understand that by participation in this Sweepstakes via mobile phone or text message, if you are a potential winner, the Sponsor may contact you via mobile phone or text message, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Account. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), which will be posted at www.abcfsweeps.com (“Website”), all times and days are Pacific Time and the Sponsor’s computer will be the official time keeping device for the purposes of this Sweepstakes. Each Entry received in accordance with these Rules must comply with all requirements of these Rules, and with all terms, conditions and policies of Twitter.
Important Note: If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile device bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are the winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier's rate plan. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with Twitter®. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator, and not to Twitter®.
5. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59 PM PT on October 31, 2014. Only one (1) Entry per person/Account per day (regardless of whether one (1) person has more than one (1) Account or more than one (1) person uses the same Account). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the Account by Twitter. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 4 are void. Use of any automated system to enter as determined by Sponsor in its sole judgment is prohibited and will result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory, or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified and any attempt by a person to use multiple Accounts to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE (“GRAND PRIZE”): One (1) four (4) day / three (3) night trip for the winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) and one (1) guest (the “Group”) to Los Angeles, CA (“City”) to attend the premiere screening of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (“Event”), which is currently scheduled to be held on November 17, 2014 (“Trip”). The Trip will consist of the following elements for the Group: [a] hotel accommodations at a Los Angeles area hotel chosen by Sponsor (one standard room/double occupancy, including room tax) for three (3) nights; [b] two (2) tickets to the Event; [c] private sedan transportation to/from the Event/hotel for Group; [d] hair and makeup service for Group prior to the Event at a local salon in or around the City; [e] one (1) dinner at a local restaurant in or around the City; [f] One Hundred Dollars ($100) taxi allowance for transportation to/from dinner and salon; [g] One Thousand Dollars ($1,000) spending money (which may be awarded as a gift card) for the Grand Prize Winner only; [h] if the Grand Prize Winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner’s residence (“Airport of Origin”) and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near the City; but if winner’s residence is located less than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and the hotel; and [i] airport/hotel transportation via private sedan. The actual retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize: $7,278. The ARV for travel prizes may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations.. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Grand Prize Winner’s residence and any Airport of Origin, beverages, tax, meals not specifically stated herein, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates, and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. The Group must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize Winner must take the Trip on Sponsor-selected dates from November 15, 2014 until November 18, 2014, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. If the actual value of the Grand Prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. The round trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Grand Prize winner, may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. Any depiction of a Grand Prize is for illustrative purposes only. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a Grand Prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prizes. Grand Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. The Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The Grand Prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and Grand Prize is validly claimed by November 10, 2014, after which no alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected, nor an unclaimed Grand Prize awarded. In the event of Grand Prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate Grand Prize Winner.
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1” (the “Picture”) is scheduled for theatrical release on November 21, 2014. The Event, if any, is anticipated to occur on November 17, 2014, but the specific date is subject to change. Nothing set forth herein shall be construed to require Sponsor to hold a premiere of the Picture at any particular time, or at all. Once the Grand Prize Winner’s guest is designated, he/she may not be substituted, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Picture has been rated PG-13 by the Motion Picture Association of America. In the event that the Event does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons included but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, a “Force Majeure Event” (defined below), or for any other reason, then in lieu of the Event, the Grand Prize Winner will receive the remaining components, if any, of the Grand Prize, which shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to the Grand Prize Winner, and no other or additional compensation will be awarded.
The Grand Prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Trip described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the Prize Claim Documents (as set forth below) and/or other travel documents. In the event the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her guest engages in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor and/or Lionsgate in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her travel companion home with no further compensation.
Potential Grand Prize Winner is subject to verification and his/her full compliance with these Rules before Grand Prize will be awarded. Following verification, Grand Prize Winner’s name may be announced on Sponsor’s Website or any other web site controlled by Sponsor and/or on Sponsor’s fan page or on other social media, at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Actual odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. On or about, November 3, 2014 in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received. The decision of the Administrator shall be final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
8. WINNER: On or about November 3, 2014, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified via direct message (“DM”) to your Account. Sponsor is not responsible for changes to the Twitter DM function that may interfere with Grand Prize Winner notification. Potential winner will be asked for their email address (“Address”) and/or mailing address as well as any additional required information or responses. Once an Address or mailing address is available, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be sent paperwork either by email or by overnight delivery service. All legal responsibilities under the Rules of a minor (“Minor”), as defined by state of primary residence, will be assumed by a parent/legal guardian (“Parent”). If Grand Prize is won by a Minor, it will be awarded in the name of the Parent. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: [a] potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to respond to direct message within twenty-four (24) hours of its sending; [b] the return of any notice or prize as undeliverable; [c] potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; [d] potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where imposing such condition is legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”) within two (2) business days after its mailing; [e] potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to be available to make the Trip on Sponsor-selected dates of on or about November 15, 2014 to on or about November 18, 2014; [f] potential Grand Prize Winner’s failure to validly claim prize by November 10, 2014, and [g] any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. The Grand Prize Winner’s guest will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. If the Grand Prize Winner or guest is a Minor, s/he must be accompanied on the Trip by his/her Parent as part of the Group. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the claiming of the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, providing any and all tax documents (such as an IRS Form W-9) are solely the responsibility of Grand Prize Winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her Grand Prize.
13. RULES & WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner (after November 10, 2014 and before November 21, 2014) and/or Rules (before October 31, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Social Sweepstakes Winner/Rules Requests, c/o Ventura Associates International LLC, Dept. BW, 60 East 42nd Street, Suite 650, New York, NY 10165, designating either winner or Rules. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by printing this web page. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage on Rules requests only.
All trademarks are the property of the trademark owner.
Motion Picture Artwork TM & © 2014 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.